Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0757-9087
Job Family: COM
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated Director or University administrator, is responsible for marketing and promotional outreach programs designed to acquaint selected potential users with department/University programs and services.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and carries out a marketing and promotional outreach strategy designed to promote departmental/university services and programs, develop new audiences or clientele, as well as maintain current audiences or clientele.
- Prepares research materials that illustrate usefulness of departmental/university services and/or programs to targeted market.
- Represents department/University at appropriate regional, national and/or international meetings and forums.
- Prepares, or supervises preparation of, promotional materials, including generating ideas, writing, editing, design, illustration, requiring knowledge of communication techniques and knowledge of targeted audience.
- May be required to assist in developing funding sources to secure adequate funding base for department services and programs.
- Prepares and writes timely, interesting, sometimes lengthy and complex, informational articles for regular publication and distribution to targeted market and media outlets, exercising sound judgment in developing proper focus to generate desired response.
- Maintains effective working relationships with targeted clientele or market.
- Maintains awareness of departmental/university programs and services; responds to questions regarding specific programs/services or problems.
- Serves as a resource to department/University staff and administrators regarding effective promotional activities.
- Plans and carries out special interest events or projects designed to increase effectiveness of marketing activities.
- Performs related duties are required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field, or in field appropriate to department to be served
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of the targeted market and community to be served
- Evidence of excellent writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, take initiative, and make sound judgments.
- Tact and excellent interpersonal/communications skills and techniques
- Willingness to work flexible and irregular hours.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Master’s degree may be required for certain academic disciplines and/or by the department to be served.
Date Created: 6/28/85