Payroll Title: UCP X
Class Code: 1020-9090
Job Family: SHS
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated of designated health professionals, coordinated and manages the services of the Women’s Clinic and delivers primary health care to patients and provides individual and/or group health education and counseling.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs the duties of an Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
- Coordinates Clinical services, staff, procedures, policies and patient flow; evaluates services and recommends policy or procedural changes for unit; may train and evaluate professional staff as needed.
- Is responsible for annual changes and revision of protocol manual and for continual updates.
- Is responsible for the maintenance of drugs, supplies and equipment in clinical areas.
- Is responsible for effective delivery of clinical care and services.
- Keeps up-to-date on new development, determines which are most useful for improved patient care and institutes changes in incorporate new medical procedures, equipment and products.
- Assesses training needs; plans and conducts staff meetings to introduce and educate staff to new techniques and products.
- Responds to questions from outside agencies and others in accordance with established guidelines.
- Coordinates assault crises team; serves as liaison with police department and other campus offices involved with assault network.
- Assesses need for educational programs; develops, conducts or supervises delivery of such programs.
- Interviews clients and makes decisions as to exclusion from mandatory educational classes.
- Resolves staffing and scheduling problems; oversees and coordinates staffing and appointment schedule to maximize services; make revisions as needed to accommodate patient load and adequate nursing coverage.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Connecticut
- Successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner training program in a accredited educational institution and national certification.
- Two years of broad based professional nursing experience.
- Specialized experience such as Gyn and NAACOG certification.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and organize aspect of health care service.
- CPR Certificate
- Willingness to work flexible and irregular hours.
- Supervisory ability
- Ability to assess and implement new developments in the field.
- Ability to develop training and educational programs.
- Federal DEA number and state controlled substance registration.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
Date Revised: 10/9/91