Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0762-9087
Job Family: SHS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of responsible health professional, provides specific and therapeutic nutrition counseling and general nutrition education to students and supervises and Student Health Services kitchen operation.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides specific nutrition counseling and general nutrition education to concerned individuals, patients and/or groups.
- Provides therapeutic counseling to students with special diet requirements; evaluates nutrition needs and designs appropriate diet.
- Supervises, over-all operation of SHS kitchen; develops policies and procedures; recommends budget needs; maintains inventory and recommends purchases of equipment, supplies and food.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates kitchen staff.
- Confers with and advises health professionals regarding preventative, therapeutic and general nutrition.
- Develops informational materials to aid in nutrition education.
- Participates in clinical dietetics programs in School of Allied Health and Department of Nutritional Sciences through advising students, supervising independent studies and practicums of graduate and undergraduate students, and meeting with faculty.
- Participates in and/or conducts in-service presentations.
- Plans and/or reviews menus for in-patients; develops standardized recipes.
- Participates in various SHS and University committees and advisory groups.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Certification as Registered Dietitian
- Master’s degree in Nutrition
- Two to three years experience supervising kitchen/dietary operations.
- Three to five years experience in nutritional counseling
Date Created: 6/28/85