Payroll Title: UCP XII
Class Code: 1201-9093
Job Family: SHS
FLSA Code: E
Under the administrative review of designated health professionals, diagnoses and treats medical problems consistent with Medical board certification.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide medical services and consultation consistent with board certification.
- Provide emergency medical care within the limits of resources available through the student health service.
- Examine patients to determine nature and extent of illness.
- Be available for emergency on-call services, as assigned.
- Order and executes various tests and provide information about the patient’s condition.
- Administer and prescribe treatments and drugs. Prescribe and order inoculations/vaccinations.
- Take referrals from Nurse Practitioners and advise them as needed.
- Guide and counsels patients about minor emotional problems and, where applicable, refer students to psychiatrist or other specialist.
- Refers patients for specialized medical care beyond the scope of SHS.
- Advise patients concerning diet and hygiene.
- Participate in and/or conduct in-service presentations.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Doctor of Medicine degree or Doctor of Osteopathy degree.
- Possession of a current license to practice medicine in the State of Connecticut
- Board Certification in a primary-care specialty approved by the American Board of Medical Specialties
- Federal DEA number and state controlled substance registration.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must meet Connecticut State Department of Public Health CME requirements for licensure.
Date Created: 06/28/85
Date Revised: 07/09/01 & 10/09/09