Payroll Title: UCP XI
Class Code: 1103-9092
Job Family: SHS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of responsible health professional, provides psychiatric care and consulting services to the University community.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determines appropriate medical/psychiatric treatment modalities, prescribes treatment; and provides direct care; evaluates referrals from other clinical staff.
- Evaluates and manages care of hospitalized patients and of the more seriously ill outpatients.
- Is available for emergency on-call service and crisis intervention for students who have psychiatric emergencies, as assigned.
- Makes referrals to other mental health agencies for specialized care beyond the scope of SHS Mental Health Services.
- Prepares appropriate clinical records and case reports and carries on necessary correspondence.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to the University community and others in matters related to the well-being of students and to promote better care and services.
- Meets regularly with colleagues in mental health services to assess, diagnose and plan disposition of cases and review mental health services, policies and procedures.
- May conduct workshops and outreach services designed to provide mental health education to students.
- Participates in various SHS and University committees and advisory groups.
- Participates in and/or conducts in-service presentations.
- May seek funding for and conduct studies on mental health issues; may publish or present findings in appropriate professional journals or forums.
- May participate in the training, supervision, evaluation and teaching of residents and interns.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- MD degree
- Board eligibility in psychiatry, with understanding that certification will be sought
- Evidence of good diagnostic skills and the clinical versatility for a University health setting.
- Federal DEA number and state controlled substance registration.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must meet Connecticut State Department of Public Health CME requirements for licensure.
Date Created: 6/28/85