Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0561-9085
Job Family: STU
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated administrator, advises and provides leadership to a major student organization or group of organizations, who are integrated into the student organizational structure, but are responsible to a legally authorized body other than the department.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates all programs in assigned area of responsibility, which may from time to time include major undertakings which require extensive planning, negotiation, problem solving and follow-through.
- Advises and assists assigned student group(s) in planning and managing their policies, programs and general operations, in accordance with University policies and procedures, state statutes, and the guidelines and rules of the legally authorized governing body; such matters include program and policy development, goal setting, fiscal and risk management, maintenance of legal records and documents, personnel matters, recruitment, public relations and marketing, academic standards, disciplinary codes and other applicable issues.
- Develops and maintains an appropriate relationship with the student groups within the University, while respecting the autonomy legally accorded such an organization(s).
- Is responsible for thorough knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws, including those of the legally authorized governing body; monitors compliance with and provides guidance regarding such policies, regulations and laws.
- Serves as a resource to assigned student group(s) and as liaison with other University and external groups, including the governing organization(s).
- Maintains regular contact with student leaders to resolve problems and develop responsible decision-making. assess student interests, respond to student needs, anticipate student programming/leadership issues.
- Identifies goals and resources necessary to promote the effectiveness of the group(s).
- Designs, develops and presents training programs that meet the specific leadership needs of assigned student group(s).
- May supervise an assistant.
- May be responsible for one or more services or programs which serve the department as a whole.
- Participates in overall department activities, such as evaluation and development of overall programs and policies, outreach programs or promotional activities; recommends improvements or changes to increase effectiveness or meet changing needs.
- May perform the activities of a Student Activities Program Coordinator or Student Union Program Advisor.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field and three to five years professional experience in a responsible position related to student personnel, counseling or similar work which demonstrates knowledge of leadership development programs and the assigned student group(s) OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and programming skills
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling and communication skills
- Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours.
- Familiarity with state and local policies, procedures, regulations and laws pertaining to the assignees student group(s)
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Master’s Degree
Date Created: 4/13/88