Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0780-9087
Job Family: ADM
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated supervisor, manages the warehousing, distribution and coordination of supplies, materials, and equipment as required by the department to be served.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises and maintains an efficient and effective supply system; ensures safe and sanitary conditions in accordance with applicable standards, laws, policies and regulations; implements approved plans.
- Establishes and maintains specifications for, supplies, equipment and service contracts.
- Establishes adequate inventory levels of supplies and equipment; performs spot checks or conducts actual inventory as needed.
- Controls costs within assigned unit(s) in keeping with approved budget; maintains all accounts both payable and receivable.
- Compiles orders for supplies and equipment from unit(s) in keeping with approved budget; maintains all accounts both payable and receivable.
- Distribute supplies and equipment in a timely manner according to the established university and state policies and procedures.
- Maintains appropriate records, including fiscal and personnel records, necessary to proper functioning of assigned unit(s).
- Is responsible for the proper maintenance, repair and safe operating condition of equipment; trouble shoots problems, performs minor repairs and arranges for major repairs.
- Assures that all necessary supply and equipment needs are met in accordance with procedures.
- Supervises, trains, evaluates and determines work schedules for assigned staff, in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, budgets and labor contracts; recommends staffing needs and serves as first level hearing officer for grievances.
- Conducts evaluations of equipment and materials with proper administrator, peers and subordinates.
- Assists in identifying training needs and implementing training programs.
- Provides support in obtaining the necessary supplies, services or equipment necessary for special projects.
- Evaluates supply policies and procedures; makes minor changes or recommends major changes.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline\business; or equivalent combination of education and experience totaling 8 years
- Ability to supervise staff, organize and manage a supply system
- Ability to communicate with staff, vendors, and other university departments.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Experience working with state purchasing system.
- Computer experience.
- Experience as a buyer, manager or salesperson.
Date Revised: 7/17/98