Payroll Title: UCP VI
Class Code: 0633-9086
Job Family: HRS
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated administrator, plans, develops, organizes and delivers a comprehensive staff development and training program for all levels of personnel.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies training needs and, in consultation with departmental officials, establishes immediate and/or long-range training priorities for University personnel, which could include managerial training and development.
- Plans, develops, organizes, and implements a comprehensive development and training plan including functional skills and technical knowledge training.
- Designs and develops curricula, which could include any audio-visual aids, handbooks, and/or written on-line documentation, to meet specific training needs.
- Delivers stand-up training on generic or technical topics to targeted personnel.
- Continuously evaluates relevancy and accuracy of curricula content and monitors the process and impact of training on learning and on-the-job performance.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative professional relationships with departmental personnel, including management, in order to plan training sessions.
- Responsible for client registration for workshops and training sessions; confirms attendance via confirmation letter or e-mail.
- Maintains registration/attendance records of employees in order to prepare reports and studies on training programs and activities; assesses the success and/or failure of such programs.
- May supervise professional, technical and clerical staff as assigned.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in related field and three years of experience in training and development OR Bachelor’s degree and four years experience in training and development.
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of training and development methods and techniques
- Extensive knowledge of functional program areas to which position is assigned.
- Considerable knowledge in methods to identify training needs, reporting and evaluating results of needs assessments, and analyzing performance problems.
- Considerable ability to identify training needs and plan, organize and coordinate training programs to meet those needs.
- Some ability to apply basic evaluation techniques.
- Considerable ability to work effectively with individuals, groups, and various units within the organization, including management, to carry out goals of the training function.
- Ability to prepare both routine and analytical reports.
- Ability to exercise judgment, make decisions, establish professional contacts, and organize time with minimal supervision.
Date Revised: 10/12/99
Date Created: 06/28/85