Program Terms & Procedures
Should you have questions or concerns about these terms and procedures, please contact the UCPEA office for guidance.
Applying for Professional Development Funds:
To apply for a professional development fund award, eligible UCPEA members must:
- Complete and submit an application online via HR on SharePoint.
- Submit an application at least six weeks prior to:
- The travel date for the professional development activity.
- The payment due date in the case of professional memberships.
- Applications may only be submitted by the UCPEA member who will be personally using the professional development funds.
Upon submitting an application, you will receive a confirmation receipt, via e-mail, from HR on SharePoint. Please retain this e-mail for your records.
Review of Applications:
The following procedures will be followed as applications are reviewed:
- Applications will be reviewed by the Professional Issues Committee monthly in the order they are received.
- Applications submitted within six weeks of a planned travel date or membership payment will be rejected.
- Fund awards will be granted only to maximum allowable limits within the fiscal year.
- For the current fiscal year (7/1/2016 to 6/30/2017), the total maximum allowable limit of all awards received is $450.
- Up to $450 may be used for conferences, workshops and training.
- Up to $200 may be used for professional memberships.
- Upon review of your application, you will receive an e-mail from HR on SharePoint with the committee’s decision.
- Direct any inquiries regarding the status of your application to the UCPEA office.
To ensure the fairness of the professional development award review process, the UCPEA Professional Issues Committee reserves the right to deny fund requests, or revoke awarded funds where it deems necessary, due violations of program terms and/or procedures.
Fund Award Reimbursement Guidelines:
- For any professional development activity or membership dues payment, you must request reimbursement within sixty (60) days of the activity end date (travel date) or dues payment date.
- Should you receive an award, instructions on how to obtain fund reimbursement will be included in the e-mail.
- Direct any questions regarding how to obtain a fund award reimbursement to the UCPEA office.