Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0542-9085
Job Family: FIS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general supervision of designated supervisor or administrator, performs accounting, budgeting, and other fiscal analyses, in accordance with sound accounting practices and principles.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THE POSITION
This is an entry level position in the University Accounting office, incumbents are expected to independently employ accounting skills to a set of accounts which are moderate in number and complexity. More complex accounting functions would be performed under the direction of an experienced accountant.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors accounts to identify problems of expenditures or obligations of the University or organizational unit and funding agency/group and makes recommendations based on account review findings.
- Assists in the preparation of financial information related to accounts for specified periods.
- Applies basic principles of accounting to analyze accounts and operations to assure compliance with proper accounting procedures, applicable laws and regulations, in assigned area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains accounting records for assigned accounts.
- As directed, provides assistance to departments and individuals in interpreting reports, accounting procedures, controls and in resolving associated problems.
- Reconciles records and accounts in assigned area of responsibility.
- As directed, recommends and installs appropriate systems and controls for assigned accounts, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and with sound accounting practices.
- Prepares special reports and analyses as requested.
- Analyzes and monitors financial systems of the office, as requested and recommends improvements.
- Analyzes and monitors cash management functions, including cash flow and investments.
- Prepares for approval and review, vouchers, journal entries, and fund transfers as well as provides information to substantiate individual transactions.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in accounting; or bachelor’s degree in related field and acceptable course work in accounting and 1 to 3 years general accounting experience
- Knowledge of fund accounting.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- One or more years of related experience in public accounting.
Date Created: 6/28/1985