Payroll Title: UCP VI
Class Code: 0636-9086
Job Family: ADM
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of the Director, is responsible for the internal operations of the Center and assists in program development and provides assistance to constituent group.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, coordinates and provides direct supervision of educational, social and recreational programs and events such as lectures, discussion groups, workshops, orientation, concerts, films, conferences and special events.
- Administers the hiring, training and supervision of Center staff; establishes work schedules and work assignments for each program or administrative function; informs staff of Center policies, procedures and programs.
- Conducts studies to identify needs of constituent group and to evaluate University programs in relation to women’s needs; recommends strategies to create changes identified as a result of such studies.
- Assists in developing and implementing Center policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Conducts cost benefit analyses of Center programs and staffing requirements and recommends budget priorities.
- Develops and maintains a referral file designed to provide constituent group with a clearing house of information regarding medical, legal, mental health, child care, and other social services.
- Coordinates the various constituent interest groups and assists groups in establishing group structure, program development and assessment and fiscal management.
- Performs various administrative duties such as maintaining and monitoring fiscal records, processing paperwork, vouchers, etc. and recommending office procedures.
- Maintains an in house library, with responsibility for operating procedures, collection evaluation and purchases.
- Conducts training programs and other informational activities designed to promote awareness of Center programs and women’s issues.
- Assumes responsibility for Center in absence of Director.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Two years related experience which includes experience in administration and program planning in women’s organizations or university setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in working with women’s issues
- Excellent organizational skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with State and federal women’s and educational agencies and organizations
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Master’s degree
Date Created: 6/28/85
Job Code: 01834