Payroll Title: UCP I
Class Code: 0115-9081
Job Family: TLR
FLSA Code: N
Under the direct supervision of designated administrator, ensures the smooth operation of and preparation for the science laboratories at a regional campus.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, assembles, and prepares apparatus necessary to carry out all experiments in the microbiology and chemistry laboratories.
- Prepares and standardizes solutions and anticipates students’ needs in carrying out experiments and acts as a stockroom clerk in chemistry.
- Monitors safety and security of labs.
- Maintains sterility and cleanliness of all apparatus; performs minor repairs on equipment.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and chemicals and orders as necessary.
- Provides dissection and demonstrations in Biology, Geology and Physics laboratories, and assists in preparing, setting up and monitoring laboratory practicals as well as correcting errors in practicals.
- Conducts and supervises annual inventory of laboratory equipment and materials.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree in related field
- Laboratory experience, including knowledge of simple chemistry as well as safety precautions and procedures.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Date Created: 6/28/85