Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0503-9085
Job Family: CUR
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of the Director, is responsible for keeping all records relating to the museum’s permanent collection and those works of art on loan from other sources for the purposes of exhibition, program or study.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs, supervises and carries out registration of the museum’s collections, acquisitions and gifts, and is responsible for deaccessioning records of the collection.
- Is responsible for the storage of the permanent collection, and controls on approval, all aspects of incoming and outgoing loans to and from the permanent collection, in collaboration with the curatorial staff, the Director, and if necessary, a conservator.
- Is responsible for document preparation and maintenance of permanent records and photographs of the collection, which are both computerized and on paper.
- Arranges for photography of works of art in the collection and for the sale or loan of prints and negatives of these works to commercial and non-profit users.
- Organizes and coordinates the shipping, receiving, packing and unpacking of works of art; corresponds with appropriate agencies regarding expenses, arrangements, etc.; records and reports to appropriate agency on condition of works of art for traveling exhibitions, loans to other institutions, and for storage purposes.
- Maintains liaison with other University offices, as needed, to carry out responsibilities.
- Provides scholars and the public access to information about the museum’s collection and holdings and may arrange for viewing of the collection.
- Records and maintains files and records regarding annual museum attendance, past exhibitions, chronology of museum’s activities and other relevant data.
- Is responsible for securing copyright assignment for works of art in the collection and museum publications, as well as assigning ISBN numbers to any museum publications.
- Assists with exhibitions and placement of works of art as necessary.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to three years related museum experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in care, transportation of and record keeping of works of art.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational ability
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Date Revised: 3/02/2000
Date Created: 6/28/85