Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0518-9085
Job Family: ASR
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated administrator, and in cooperation with the University Registrar, is responsible for the registration activities at a regional campus and provides other support activities as appropriate or as assigned.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and supervises the registration of students enrolled at a regional campus, including freshmen, transfers, unclassified, evening and other special category students.
- Schedules classes and final examinations, with responsibility to balance available space with curriculum needs.
- Advises students in matters relating to registration, transfer and permanent record.
- Collects pertinent student data, verifies for accuracy and completeness and assures information is properly transmitted to the University Registrar’s office for entry into the permanent academic record.
- Explains registration policies and procedures to students, faculty, staff and the public.
- Coordinates procedures and registration for students transferring to Storrs.
- Evaluates registration and related procedures and makes recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Maintains registration records, which may be computerized, for regional campus use.
- Supervises the collection of grades, verifies accuracy and makes corrections, as needed.
- Responds to inquiries regarding general University policies, procedures, programs and services; makes referrals as needed.
- Compiles statistics and prepares reports as needed.
- May supervise and train clerical/student staff who assist in registration activities.
- If assigned, may advise students regarding course selection, curricula/graduation requirements and may give counsel regarding academic problems.
- If assigned, serves on scholarship committees and/or other committees which grant leaves of absence and which determine scholastic probation, dismissal and re-admission.
- If assigned, may actively assist in other student-related functions such as recruiting and admitting students; may provide leadership for student activities.
- If assigned, may coordinate use of regional campus facilities for continuing education and other programs; serves as liaison with appropriate staff.
- If assigned, may serve as coordinator of various campus functions, as assigned.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with registration functions
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with faculty and staff and rapport with students.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in working with supervisors, staff and students.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Computer skills, if required by campus to be served
Date Revised: 9/99