Payroll Title: UCP IX
Class Code: 0918-9089
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of Department Head/Director, provides software engineering support to a Computer Applications and Research Center.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides systems programming on CARC computers
- Provides applications programming for clients
- Installs and maintains software systems in support of computer operations.
- Plans computer systems designed to serve the research and applications needs of faculty and clients.
- Works with faculty and clients to support their computer research needs.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related field
- Knowledge and experience of mini- and microcomputer operating systems (UNIX,MDOS, preferred)
- Experience in systems and applications programming
- Knowledge of and experience in higher level languages including C, Pascal, etc. and assembler languages
- Knowledge of research specialties or subject areas
- Experience in computer facility operations
- Ability to work effectively with people
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Experience with DEC, Gould Sel and Harris minicomputer systems
- Knowledge of computer hardware, computer configuration and networking
- Industrial experience as a software engineer
Date Created: 6/28/85