Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0549-09085
Job Family: DNS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general supervision of designated manager, assists in coordinating activities and providing effective supervision and leadership in the University’s Dining Services operation.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in operating and maintaining an efficient and effective food production and service system; ensures safe and sanitary conditions, in accordance with appropriate standards, laws, policies and regulations.
- Directly supervises production and maintenance operations in assigned residence hall(s) or food production area; trains, supervises, schedules and assigns work to student employees and is responsible for time and attendance records.
- Conducts training programs for Dining Service employees; participates in evaluating training needs.
- Participates in planning menus and providing nutrition education for students. Develops and updates product specifications.
- Assists in ordering food/beverages and supplies and is responsible for the safe and sanitary receiving of such supplies and food. May requisition supplies to maintain inventory.
- Maintains appropriate records, including fiscal and student personnel records. Prepares information and/or reports as required.
- Works with students, residence hall staff and others and to maximize student satisfaction with dining services and to improve the residence hall experience for students.
- Maintains physical appearance and cleanliness standards of seating and work areas.
- Plans and organizes special programs and projects, as assigned.
- Identifies areas for improvement in services, cost effectiveness, physical facilities and other areas of operation to meet changing needs and priorities; makes recommendations.
- Maintains functional operation of dispensing equipment and cash registers. Is responsible for the accurate collection, accounting for and handling of cash transactions.
- Controls entry into Dining Services Unit.
- Assists in promoting Dining Services program(s) and seeks to achieve high level of acceptance by students and staff.
- Develops and maintains good customer relations; follows through to ensure complaints are resolved promptly.
- Assists in on-site monitoring of renovation or re-modeling projects.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in food services area, such as Foods and Nutrition, Institutional Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six months to two years relevant experience.
- Strong supervisory and personnel skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of food ordering, storage, sanitation, inventory control.
- Knowledge of menu planning, quantity food preparation, merchandising and service.
- Knowledge of food service equipment and maintenance.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Registration as Registered Dietitian
Revised: 07/01/06, 02/08/07