Payroll Title: UCP IV
Class Code: 0453-09084
Job Family: COM
FLSA Code: E
Under the general supervision of designated supervisor, the incumbent independently analyzes, recommends, develops, and supports innovative instructional solutions to meet a variety of educational needs through the use of appropriate state of the art technology, grounded in sound educational theory and instructional design.
Incumbents in this position are expected to possess skills and to work independently in developing and implementing routine to occasionally unique technology based solutions (digital image editing, web design, web authoring tools, course management support, etc.) for various educational settings. Incumbents are expected to utilize knowledge of educational technology and instructional design principles and practices. Incumbents are expected to assist instructional designers in carrying out varied and complex production activities to achieve the objectives and needs of client.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works collaboratively with instructional designers and other team members to implement the development phase of a standard instructional design plan.
- Develops academic courses, and/or learning modules using course management software and eLearning technologies to meet strict timelines, with periodic supervisory review for compliance to standards and timelines.
- Modifies and enhances existing courses and course design through the use of current and emerging technologies, industry standards and best practices.
- Provides training on new and existing technology, initiatives and department policy to faculty and support staff on an individual or group basis.
- Builds and maintains assessment and evaluation instruments.
- Serves as a resource to the University community relating to eLearning technologies and policies developed by the eCampus staff.
- Researches and recommends new technologies in the field of education for purchase, providing cost information.
- Manages many tasks simultaneously with extreme accuracy and can adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field, or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in an area of eLearning technology implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform two or more of the following specific production areas:
- Digital media development
- Programming for web based environment
- Technology support in an academic setting
- Development of online courses in a learning management setting
- Strong technical problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Working Knowledge of instructional design theory, process, and implementation.
- Experience designing and/or maintaining databases.
Date Created: 8/14/14