(UCPEA) Article 34 of the the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association contract effective July 1, 2007 – June 30, 2011. Extended to 2016 by SEBAC agreement.
Management/Confidential,tuition waiver benefit extended by action of the University of Connecticut Board of Trustees.
The University shall provide a waiver of tuition (Registrar’s Office) or a partial waiver of credit fees, equivalent to tuition, (College of Continuing Studies) for undergraduate and graduate courses on a space available basis. To qualify for a graduate waiver the employee must either be a matriculated student or the class must be work related.
Employee Tuition Waiver Online Form
The availability of space and registration start dates shall be determined as follows:
- Will be determined on the first day of classes for tuition based courses
- Will be determined on the second day of classes for credit fee based courses
The waiver applies to the Fall and Spring semesters only:
- The employee must be employed a minimum of 50%. The waiver will be prorated to the percent of employment above 50%.
- The employee must be either a matriculated student or taking courses that are job related.
- There is no credit limit under the waiver program.
- If the course(s) are taken during the employee’s regular working hours, a Temporary Flexible Schedule must be completed by the employee, and approved by the supervisor of the employee.
- General University fees; or any other fees.
- Intersession, summer session, and laboratory classes.
Fall Semester – October 15th
Spring Semester – February 28th
Important Administrative Tuition Benefit Contacts:
Department of Human Resources
Tuition Benefits Coordinator
Office of the Bursar
Student Administration Services