Employment Verifications


Request an Employment or Wage Verification.

The following employment verification requests are submitted via the HR Service Desk and the Payroll Department. Review the information carefully to ensure your request is appropriately routed.
PLEASE READ: Requests for student academic records and/or employment records are not fulfilled by the Human Resources or the Payroll Department.
Requests for student records need to be sent directly to the university office appropriate to your inquiry. Reference the bottom of this page for links to these offices.


blue circle #1

The Human Resources Service Desk accepts requests for:

  • Confirmation that an individual is, or at one time has been employed at UConn.
  • A letter of employment verification from an employee.

HR Contact Information
HR Service Desk
(P) 860-486-3034
(F) 860-486-0378


blue circle #2

The Payroll Department accepts requests for:

  • Verification of employment for mortgage approval or other financial reasons.
  • Affirming or negating salary information about a past or present employee.

Payroll Contact Information
Sharon Watson
(P) 860-486-2423
(F) 860-486-4296


Important Notifications

  • If employment or wage information is to be provided to a third party (attorney, leasing agent, mortgage company, etc.), a release form signed by the employee must accompany the request.
  • If you require a letter for the purpose of verifying employment (Human Resources), your earnings or deductions (Payroll), please contact the appropriate office 3-5 business days in advance. Indicate the number of copies that you require and make sure that you are as specific as possible regarding the information that is to be provided.
  • Please note that the Human Resources or Payroll Department are unable to verify future employment. If you must present proof of future employment at UConn, please provide the requesting individual/agency with a copy of your offer letter; or, request a verification letter from your hiring department.

University offices that accept requests for student academic or employment records.
Office of Student Financial Aid Services – Student EmploymentRegistrar’s Office Contact Information Page