Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0548-9085
Job Family: FAC
FLSA Code: E
Under the technical supervision of designated supervisor, carries out planning, design and analysis of University construction/renovation or other projects, as assigned.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs building systems, equipment and other projects required to renovate existing facilities/systems or to develop new ones.
- Prepares drawings and contract documents for contractors or University projects.
- Monitors and inspects projects performed on University property with responsibility to assure work done is in compliance with contract terms and obligations; resolves problems or recommends solutions to major problems.
- Maintains appropriate documentation, fiscal records and other data and recommends payment authorizations for assigned project.
- Applies principles to reduce energy consumption in designing assigned projects.
- May maintain database for processing, summarizing and reporting data, as an aid in administrative planning and decision making.
- Provides analyses of physical planning and financial issues and participates in the preparation of the University’s capital budget.
- Consults with and provides technical support to University personnel to determine physical facility requirements for their activities and prepares Project Planning Guides.
- May serve as project manager of less complex projects.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in the appropriate discipline, plus
- Two years work experience in the appropriate discipline
Date Created: 6/28/85