Payroll Title: UCP IV
Class Code: 0405-9084
Job Family: STU
FLSA Code: E
Under the supervision of the Director, counsels and assists students in solving financial aid problems and makes determinations regarding financial aid awards and/or eligibility for student employment, in accordance with applicable regulations, statutes and policies.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THE POSITION
The focus of this position is two-fold: 1) the technical aspects of financial aid/student employment and 2) counseling students and parents. It is considered the first level financial aid position where counseling is a major component.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counsels students and parents regarding the availability of aid, application procedures, University policies regarding recipients, federal and State regulations, the process of needs analysis and necessary documentation, availability of student employment.
- Reviews applications for financial aid; analyzes financial situations and needs; determines appropriate packaging of aid; adjusts packages to meet changes in student eligibility criteria, federal and State regulations and office policy.
- Assists in one or more of the major components of financial aid, e.g., Pell Grants, Academic Scholarships, Athletic Scholarships, Guaranteed Student Loan Program, Graduated Student Aid, Minority Programs, Student Employment, etc.
- Keeps abreast of all State and federal rules, regulations, and guidelines governing various types of financial aid and ensures compliance in assigned area of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to the public and the University community regarding aid in assigned area of responsibility.
- May prepare forms revisions and informational brochures.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- One to two years financial aid or related experience
- Good counseling and communication skills and ability to relate well to parents and students
- Ability to work under time constraints.
Date Revised: 7/10/87