Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0770-9087
Job Family: FIS
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated administrator, provides budget development and control and financial advice and management for department functions and advises student organizations in matters relative to their legal, fiscal and accounting functions.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs or manages a comprehensive financial system which provides financial assistance, officer training, banking services, fiscal and legal advisement, accounting and internal control systems and auditing services to a large number of independent student organizations at their request.
- Prepares timely budget projections and analyzes fiscal impact of various policy options and/or new programs and presents data to Director.
- Supervises the activities of staff engaged in general accounting, bookkeeping and auditing functions and supervises students who assist.
- Trains and advises students and student affairs staff who operate several specified undergraduate Activity funds at all campuses for which the department is held accountable; monitors the activity of the funds.
- Assists Director in budget development; monitors and controls approved allotments.
- Supervises the maintenance of all financial records, budget control and internal bookkeeping in the department.
- Develops, maintains and monitors a system designed to train students to become proficient in conducting their own fiscal affairs and accounting functions and to understand the corresponding legal requirements.
- Designs, implements and monitors accounting systems and procedures for all areas of assigned responsibility and assures adherence to sound accounting procedures.
- Prepares reports as appropriate to meet State, federal, University and departmental requirements.
- Performs special projects such as supervise elections of student(s) to University governing bodies.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- At least three years experience in the field of accounting at an educational institution.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with the public, students, faculty, staff and external agencies.
- Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability in leadership and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills and decisionm making ability as well as a firm understanding of public relations and advertising
- Budgetary and supervisory ability
Date Created: 6/28/85