Payroll Title: UCP VI
Class Code: 0608-9086
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general supervision of designated manager, provides technical assistance in developing administrative computing system.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in conducting needs analyses and feasibility studies, in coordinating computing system purchases and in implementing administrative computing systems.
- Provides consulting assistance to administrative users and acts as a resource for computer center supported products.
- Writes and/or maintains programs on FOCUS or other forth generation language supported by the Computer Center.
- Conducts workshops in administrative systems software and in computer center supported products for mainframe and microcomputers, including such areas as word processing, spreadsheets, data management, mainframe communications and data security.
- Assists in research, review, testing and evaluation of potential new administrative support products or enhancements; writes summaries and reports recommendations; researches licensing and purchasing arrangements relative to potential products.
- Assists project teams in providing systems analysis and coordination in support of major administrative systems development.
- Assists in assessing, recommending, and implementing needs for mainframe file and software accesses.
- Performs analysis and coordination activities in support of internal computer center projects in such areas as data administration, production support and data security.
- Assists in analyzing needs, designing databases, writing new programs, enhancing existing programs, writing supporting documentation and implementing production procedures.
- Reports progress of projects to users, colleagues and management through formal written and informal verbal communications.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer or business-related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated experience in training users, consulting with users for computing problems, or programming in a large data processing environment.
- Demonstrated abilities in analytical reasoning and logical problem solving.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and experience working with diverse groups in a project team setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of motivation, initiative and responsibility
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- CMT/XEDIT experience.
- Experience with COBOL or fourth generation language, particularly FOCUS.
- Experience working with IBM PC compatible microcomputers and Computer Center supported products.
- Knowledge of CICS, MVS, VMS or other major operating systems
- Knowledge of IBM Job Control language
- Experience implementing or working with general security package such as ACF2, RACF, or Top Secret
- Knowledge of Easytrieve, SAS and other statistical/graphics software
Date Created: 4/14/88