Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0751-9087
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated manager, provides advanced level technical assistance in developing and maintaining administrative computing systems and computer center supported software.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts needs analyses and feasibility studies for administrative computing systems in user offices; serves as interface between users, vendors, university staff and state purchasing personnel to provide assistance throughout acquisition process and assist in implementation.
- Develops and implements systems in FOCUS or other supported fourth generation language to include writing new programs or enhancing existing programs.
- Analyzes needs, designs databases, writes supporting documentation and implements appropriate production procedures.
- Provides consulting services to administrative users, and acts as resource for computer center supported software.
- Identifies training needs, develops curriculum for, and conducts workshops in administrative systems software and computer center supported products for mainframe and microcomputers.
- Conducts research, reviews, tests and/or evaluations of potential new administrative support products or enhancements; writes summaries and reports recommendations; researches licensing and purchasing arrangements relative to potential software.
- Performs analysis and coordination activities in support of internal computer center projects in such areas as data administration, production support, and data security.
- Performs analysis and coordinates activities in support of user project teams engaged in major administrative systems development.
- Assesses and implements user needs for mainframe file and software accesses and coordinates implementation of required accesses.
- Reports progress to users, colleagues and management through formal written and informal verbal communications.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer or business related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated abilities in user training, programming, user consulting and/or systems analysis in a large data processing environment.
- Demonstrated abilities in analytical reasoning and problem solving.
- Experience with project management techniques and experience working with diverse groups in a project team setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of motivation, initiative and responsibility
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- CMS/XEDIT experience.
- Experience in assessing user data processing system needs.
- Significant knowledge of IBM PC compatible microcomputers and Computer Center supported products.
- Programming experience in COBOL or fourth generation language such as FOCUS.
- Experience with MVS, CICS, VMG or other major operation systems.
- Knowledge of IBM Job Control Language
- Experience implementing or working with a general security package such as ACF2
- Knowledge of Rexx, Easytrieve Plus, SAS and other statistical/graphics software
Date Created: 4/14/88