Payroll Title: UCP I
Class Code: 0115-9081
Job Family: TLR
FLSA Code: N
Under the direct supervision of designated administrator, ensures the smooth operation of and preparation for the science laboratories at a regional campus.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, assembles, and prepares apparatus necessary to carry out all experiments in the microbiology and chemistry laboratories.
- Prepares and standardizes solutions and anticipates students’ needs in carrying out experiments and acts as a stockroom clerk in chemistry.
- Monitors safety and security of labs.
- Maintains sterility and cleanliness of all apparatus; performs minor repairs on equipment.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and chemicals and orders as necessary.
- Provides dissection and demonstrations in Biology, Geology and Physics laboratories, and assists in preparing, setting up and monitoring laboratory practicals as well as correcting errors in practicals.
Conducts and supervises annual inventory of laboratory equipment and materials.
Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree in related field.
- Laboratory experience, including knowledge of simple chemistry as well as safety precautions and procedures.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Date Created: 12/02/07