Payroll Title: UCP IX
Class Code: 0929-9089
Job Family: COM
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated supervisor or administrator, provides creative and technical expertise in planning and producing highly complex media materials and programs which are designed to achieve desired results or elicit desired response from target audience. Serves as project leader for large complex media productions, and may be responsible for a full range of media activities.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THIS POSITION
Incumbents in this position are expected to perform all the duties of the Media Producer II, but in addition must possess the skills to work in three areas of production: video, audio, graphic design, photography, multi-media authoring, web development.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, writes, produces and/or directs video, audio, graphics, photography, multi-media and/or web content for instructional and non instructional applications.
- Conducts the necessary research to implement comprehensive program design and redesign.
- Develops media strategies and determines best utilization of media technology to produce desired effects.
- Conducts advanced seminars and workshops and/or training programs for faculty, staff and administrators who utilize media components in differing applications.
- Attracts and retains clients internal and/or external to the University, who desire media productions for public relations and/or training purposes.
- Performs the duties of a Media Producer I and II.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in the field of instructional media and technology or related field.
- Five years of professional experience.
- Ability to produce and direct high quality programs in three of the following areas: video, audio, graphic design, photography, multi-media authoring, web development.
- Demonstrated skills in a major media specialization, such as graphics, media course development, multi-media authoring, technical writing, etc… as required by the position.
- Demonstrated ability to generate program concepts and translate concepts into high-quality effective media programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of media technology as it applies to a University setting.
- Ability to teach advanced seminars and training workshops.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and work with outside clients.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with production staff and clients.
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS
- Ph.D. in related field
- Administrative experience