Payroll Title: UCP XI
Class Code: 1110-9092
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general supervision of designated manager, supervises full-time staff and provides advanced technical and administrative coordination and direction to support, instruction, documentation and consultation services for the University’s voice, data, video and broadcast network services and operations to academic, administration and student users. Provides technical and administrative coordination and leadership for one or more renovation or new construction projects.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all duties as defined in lower levels of the Network Consultant series.
- Provides administrative coordination for multiple renovation and construction projects as well as implementation of new voice, data, video and broadcast technologies. Coordinates with other units supporting computer/technical services across campus. Resolves complex technical and administrative problems with staff, vendors and users. Determines and coordinates standard procedures and policies; writes procedures and policies documentation.
- Evaluates, assigns work, disciplines, trains and assists in hiring full-time staff; sets priorities for staff.
- Resolves with complex voice, data, video and broadcast network systems integration issues.
- Manages and performs complex tasks such as facilities renovations and construction. Plans and participates in departmental and University wide open houses and orientations. Develops disaster recovery procedures and marketing and information distribution strategies; develops budget requests and plans resource usage. Analyzes product usage and user problems and writes comprehensive progress reports for assigned areas; develops training and development programs for full-time staff and students.
- Represents the department at University-wide meetings and events, planning and committee meetings and on project working groups.
- Provides technical leadership to assigned areas by investigation of new technologies, meeting with vendors, attending trade shows and other technology forums, reading trade journals and by assessing the needs of the University.
- Assists with the development of processes, which minimize the effect of errors.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of training and experience, five to ten years of highly technical and progressively responsible experience.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and understanding many of the current voice, data, video and broadcast network technologies used to support the University users.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people, handle technical problems, work well under stress and follow complex plans and strategies.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, writing and supervisory skills.
- Extremely high level of leadership, motivation, initiative, independence and responsibility
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Training and development in supervisory skills and management methodologies
- Network programming experience
- Network hardware experience.
Date Created: 11/1/98