Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0529-9085
Job Family: EDU
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of the Hartford MBA Director, administers, coordinates, and provides educational support and coordination for graduate program offered by the School of Business at a regional location.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees general office operations; processes and maintains necessary paperwork, records and files required to support academic program
- Monitors compliance with admission requirements, scholastic standards, plans of study, course and graduation requirements.
- Is responsible for proper registration, including rosters, grade reports and academic records.
- Assists Director in advising candidates for degree program regarding program planning and course selection.
- Works with Hartford MBA Director in reviewing admissions information, interviewing applicants, evaluating credits and recommending appropriate action for admission to program.
- Assigns work to clerical/student staff.
- Oversees accounting for fee/tuition payments, reimbursements, the MBA Foundation, etc.
- Responds to inquiries from students, faculty and others regarding program policies, procedures and requirements.
- Compiles data and prepares reports to aid in evaluating student progress and program effectiveness; may recommend changes or improvements.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field
- One year related work experience in a academic environment.
- Ability to interpret educational records, applications and other related information and assist individuals regarding their educational objectives
- Ability to manage an office and perform administrative functions.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and written/verbal communication skills.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Interest in pursuing a Master’s in Business Administration degree.
- Demonstrated experience in student recruitment.
Date Created: 6/28/85