Payroll Title: UCP X
Class Code: 1031-9090
Job Family: ADM
FLSA Code: E
Under the administrative review of the Associate Vice Provost (AVP), with broad authority for decision-making, manages the administrative services and business operations of a complex regional campus operation.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THE POSITION
This position is intended to serve as the second in command for administrative services at the regional campus and act as the chief agent for all administrative and business matters. Incumbent will be engaged in long-range planning for the campus and accountable for the implementation of internal strategies to sustain current programs and operations. Responsibilities will usually include full charge of a large number of support staff.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as the liaison for the AVP for faculty, staff, and leadership at the regional campus and serves as the designee in the AVP’s absence. Represents the AVP to all levels of University officials, outside agencies and others, with full authority to act on the behalf of the AVP.
- Assists AVP in developing, evaluating, interpreting, and enforcing campus policies, procedures and strategies, and serves as an authoritative source of such information. Has direct authority to make or approve decisions that may establish or alter policies, procedures, or operations. Serves as a principle source of information regarding the interpretation and application of policies and regulations governing campus activities and programs.
- Assists in the development of regional campus initiatives and is responsible for special operations/projects which may be ongoing or short-term and which require planning, coordination and supervision.
- May develop and make recommendations for regional campus budget requests and manage approved budgets, with full authority to approve expenditures and to serve as the campus resource for all budget and fiscal matters.
- Assists AVP with revenue generating plans for entrepreneurial enterprises and assists in the development of external funding strategies that may include preparation of funding proposals for submission to external funding sources.
- Performs complex tasks in support of campus mission such as master planning and/or academic planning.
- May manage the renovation, repair and maintenance of campus buildings and specialized facilities, and participates in all such planning activities, with responsibility for implementing renovation projects.
- Reviews materials designed to publicize campus services/activities, assuring their compliance with campus goals and initiatives.
- Manages campus search and selection procedures and practices; oversees hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of faculty/staff; makes salary recommendations and ensures work assignments and work schedules effectively meet campus operational needs.
- Establishes goals, and provides ongoing supervision and guidance to assigned staff; has primary responsibility for resolving personnel problems.
- Reviews and approves documentation necessary for all campus personnel actions and assures compliance with University/State regulations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Responsible for coordination of activities of on-campus industrial affiliates and/or community business groups; communicates regularly with AVP regarding these events.
- Provides administrative leadership to various program initiatives at the regional campus.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in business-related discipline
- Five to ten years related experience and extensive proven ability to administer and supervise large complex regional operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget, facilities and personnel management
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve complex problems efficiently, effectively, and independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students and all levels of University administrators, as well as external agencies/groups and the public
- Possesses working knowledge of academic programs specific to the regional campus
Date Scored: 08/20/04