Payroll Title: UCP X
Class Code: 1023-9090
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of a designated administrator, applies a very high degree of expertise and specialized knowledge of data base management techniques which facilitate and expedite the usability, consistency, accuracy, integrity, security, timeliness and availability of academic and administrative data regardless of environment or platform.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with vendors, users, application developers, and management to obtain information and develop an understanding of needs and recommends potential solutions utilizing relational technology. Assesses and assigns resources needed, and oversees quality of work produced.
- Collaborates and consults with users, system administrators, and systems programmers to overcome significant operational and/or technical issues and problems.
- Recommends, reviews and approves the design of logical and physical data models and file structures.
- Provides advanced level database management support and assistance.
- May perform all of the duties and responsibilities of a Data Base Administrator 2.
- Analyzes, develops and implements disaster recovery plans.
- Develops plans to install, maintain, enhance, test, and migrate DBMS products and supporting software.
- Leads technical projects.
- Approves and authorizes the access to resources and data.
- May supervise others, if assigned for specific projects.
- Actively participates in local and national professional organizations and user groups to keep abreast of new developments and technology and makes recommendations for advancing technology at the University.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree and ten to fifteen years of progressively responsible technical experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Considerable knowledge of departmental and institutional structures and goals
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining state-of-the-art technical knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide technical documentation and project plans for technical staff members.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible or off-shift hours.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Good organizational skill
- Ability to present technical papers or presentations at professional seminars and workshops
Date Created: 11/1/98