Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0534-9085
Job Family: SHS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of responsible health professional, administers a treatment program to rehabilitate patients with musculo-skeletal and certain nervous disorders.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers rehabilitation program to individual patients for disorders such as sprained ankles and knees, pulled muscles and post-operative joint conditions, upon referral from physician.
- Exercises judgments regarding proper use of therapeutic techniques such as heat, massage, diathermy, ultraviolet, exercise; adjusts treatment to individual patient needs.
- Makes recommendation to physician for changes in therapy, depending on patient’s progress.
- Maintains accurate records.
- Oversees work of student staff.
- Maintains inventory of orthopedic appliance and bedboards; orders supplies.
- Participates in and/or conducts in-service presentations.
- May participate in various Student Health Services and University committees and advisory groups.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy
- One to two years experience as general physical therapist.
Date Created: 6/28/85