Payroll Title: UCP VI
Class Code: 0661-9086
Job Family: EDU
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated administrator, advises students regarding Study Abroad opportunities and provides related program support.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists students in selecting an appropriate study abroad program, consistent with academic requirements and objectives and plan of study.
- Advises applicants regarding eligibility for a variety of study abroad programs.
- Produces written materials regarding policies and procedures, program descriptions, financial aid, credit transfer and academic considerations.
- Collects, catalogs, updates and distributes information regarding study abroad programs; maintains library of such information.
- Maintains mailing list and distributes information to the University community as well as other universities and colleges in the region and nationally.
- Organizes, advertises and conducts orientation meetings and informational meetings to recruit students.
- Prepares posters, announcements, newspaper ads and other promotional materials designed to recruit students.
- Assists in working out arrangements for students to be gone from the University, in such areas as university registration, housing, financial aid, payment of fees, etc.
- Assists students with applications for work abroad programs, internships, scholarships and international career opportunities.
- Advises students, graduates and faculty about intensive language study abroad.
- Serves as a resource to students, parents, the University community and others regarding study abroad programs, policies and procedures.
- Responds to questions from participants or their parents and follows up to resolve problems as needed.
- Distributes information about programs to department heads to ascertain their interest in the programs.
- May oversee work of interns or other staff, as delegated.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in international studies or related field or equivalent in education and experience
- One to three years related experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good writing skills
- Knowledge of academic curriculum
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- One or more foreign languages
- Master’s degree
- Foreign field or cross-culture experience
Date Scored: 10/17/1986