Payroll Title: UCP VIII
Class Code: 0833-9088
Job Family: ADM
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of the Director, assists in all aspects of the Women’s Center which promotes awareness and understanding of all women’s issues and provides assistance to women in achieving their professional, educational and personal goals.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, coordinates, and provides direct supervision of educational, social and recreational programs and events such as lectures, discussion groups, workshops, concerts, films, conferences and special events.
- Promote the Center’s services and programs; collaborates with University Relations in these efforts as well as oversees the staff in the center responsible for specific marketing activity.
- Develops and conducts training programs and other educational activities for administrators, faculty, staff and students designed to cultivate gender equity within the university and community at large.
- Conducts constituency needs assessments, formulates recommendations and implements new programs and services (crisis intervention, advocacy services, etc.)
- Manages day to day fiscal affairs of the center; approves all daily expenditures; assists in setting budget priorities and recommendations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises the Administrative Assistant and student staff composed of volunteers, interns, grad students and undergraduate students, student labor, and work study students.
- Develops and maintains a referral service designed as a clearinghouse of information regarding medical, legal, mental health, child care, and other services.
- Coordinates the various constituent interest groups and assists groups in establishing programs, policies and other activities.
- Assists in analysis of University and State policies, procedures, goals and objectives as they impact on gender equity.
- Assesses the technological needs of the center and purchases necessary hardware and software to meet those needs.
- Collaborates with Director to hire professional consultants for special projects and research.
- Represent the center in university, state, and national committees and organizations to advocate for women’s equity.
- Maintains an in-house library and resource center, with responsibility for operating procedures, collection, evaluation, and purchases.
- Assumes responsibility for Center in absence of Director.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in related area and 1-2 years of related experience OR Bachelor’s degree in related area and 4-5 years experience, which includes administrative and program planning within a women’s organization or a university setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in working with women’s issues.
- Excellent communication, organizational and teaching/training skills.
- Ability to conduct survey research.
- Familiarity with State and federal laws and policies as they impact upon women’s issues.
- Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours.
Date Created: 9/88
Date Revised: 2/96