Employment or Wage Verification
Employment verification requests should be submitted to the Department of Human Resources at HRVerifications@uconn.edu. Wage verifications should be submitted to the Payroll Department to Sharon Watson. Please review the information below carefully to ensure your request is appropriately routed.
Human Resources accepts written requests for:
- Confirmation that an individual is or was employed at UConn (not including UConn Health*).
- Confirmation of an individual’s Name, Title, Dates of Employment, and Department.
- Verification of employment for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Forms.
Employment verification requests for Human Resources may be submitted via e-mail (HRVerifications@uconn.edu) or via fax (860-486-0378).
The Payroll Department accepts requests for:
- Verification of employment for mortgage approval or other financial reasons.
- Affirming or negating salary information about a past or present employee.
- Confirmation that a student is or was employed at UConn.
Wage verification requests for Payroll may be submitted via e-mail to UConnPayroll_VOE@uconn.onmicrosoft.com or via fax (860-486-4296).
- If employment or wage information is to be provided to a third party (attorney, leasing agent, mortgage company, etc.), a release form signed by the employee must accompany the request.
- If you require a letter for the purpose of verifying employment (Human Resources), or confirmation of earnings or deductions (Payroll), please contact the appropriate office 3-5 business days in advance. Indicate the number of copies that you require and make sure that you are as specific as possible regarding the information that is to be provided.
- Human Resources or Payroll are unable to verify future employment. If you must present proof of future employment at UConn, please provide the requesting individual/agency with a copy of your offer letter; or, request a verification letter from your hiring department.
*Requests for current or former UConn Health employees may be submitted via fax to 860-679-1051.