Employment or Wage Verification
Employment verification requests should be submitted to the Department of Human Resources at HR@uconn.edu. Wage verifications should be submitted to the Payroll Department to Sharon Watson. Please review the information below carefully to ensure your request is appropriately routed.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic, Human Resources and Payroll staff are currently working remotely so there may be a delay in responding to requests submitted via fax.
Human Resources accepts written requests for:
- Confirmation that an individual is or was employed at UConn (not including UConn Health*).
- Confirmation of an individual’s Name, Title, Dates of Employment, and Department.
Employment verification requests for Human Resources may be submitted via e-mail (HR@uconn.edu) or via fax (860-486-0378).
The Payroll Department accepts requests for:
- Verification of employment for mortgage approval or other financial reasons.
- Affirming or negating salary information about a past or present employee.
- Confirmation that a student is or was employed at UConn.
Wage verification requests for Payroll may be submitted via e-mail to Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax (860-486-4296).
- If employment or wage information is to be provided to a third party (attorney, leasing agent, mortgage company, etc.), a release form signed by the employee must accompany the request.
- If you require a letter for the purpose of verifying employment (Human Resources), or confirmation of earnings or deductions (Payroll), please contact the appropriate office 3-5 business days in advance. Indicate the number of copies that you require and make sure that you are as specific as possible regarding the information that is to be provided.
- Human Resources or Payroll are unable to verify future employment. If you must present proof of future employment at UConn, please provide the requesting individual/agency with a copy of your offer letter; or, request a verification letter from your hiring department.
*Requests for current or former UConn Health employees may be submitted via fax to 860-679-1051.