Employment Verifications

Request an Employment or Wage Verification

Employment verification requests requests are submitted via the HR Service Desk and the Payroll Department. Review the information carefully to ensure your request is appropriately routed.

Requests for student records need to be sent directly to the university office appropriate to your inquiry. Reference the bottom of this page for links to these offices.


The Human Resources Service Desk accepts requests for:

  • Confirmation that an individual is, or at one time has been employed at UConn.
  • A letter of employment verification from an employee.
HR Contact Information
HR Service Desk
(P) 860-486-3034
(F) 860-486-0378


The Payroll Department accepts requests for:

  • Verification of employment for mortgage approval or other financial reasons.
  • Affirming or negating salary information about a past or present employee.
Payroll Contact Information
Sharon Watson
(P) 860-486-2423
(F) 860-486-4296

  • If employment or wage information is to be provided to a third party (attorney, leasing agent, mortgage company, etc.), a release form signed by the employee must accompany the request.
  • If you require a letter for the purpose of verifying employment (Human Resources), your earnings or deductions (Payroll), please contact the appropriate office 3-5 business days in advance. Indicate the number of copies that you require and make sure that you are as specific as possible regarding the information that is to be provided.
  • Please note that the Human Resources or Payroll Department are unable to verify future employment. If you must present proof of future employment at UConn, please provide the requesting individual/agency with a copy of your offer letter; or, request a verification letter from your hiring department.

University offices that accept request for student academic or employment records.

Office of Student Financial Aid Services – Student Employment
Registrar’s Office Contact Information Page