Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0546-9085
Job Family: FIS
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated supervisor, supervises fiscal and general office activities for an operation of small to medium size and complexity, with narrow to moderate authority.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact, both orally and in written communication, with other university and external offices and agencies, both as directed by the Director and independently to transit or request information and to resolve problems of ordinary difficulty.
- Prepares budget projections and regular statements of condition for each assigned cost center.
- Implement and monitor bookkeeping and fiscal procedures for department.
- Prepare financial reports as appropriate to meet federal, State, University and departmental requirements, keeps abreast of changes in University and State regulations governing fiscal matters.
- Review and evaluate performance of clerical staff.
- Supervise all purchase requests, accounts receivable, accounts payable and billing functions and monitor status of same.
- Approve all requests for data processing and office supplies.
- Review and monitor all maintenance contracts and recommend renewal or release.
- Act as administrative assistant to supervisor/director.
- Create departmental purchase requisitions and justifications based on budget allocations and interaction with departmental directors.
- Prepares statistical and historical reports for supervisor’s information and for inclusion in departmental reports.
- Verify departmental time cards and maintain records of same.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Two to five years of bookkeeping/accounting experience and supervisory experience.
Date Revised: 07/29/91
Date Created: 06/28/85