WHAT TO DO IF YOU’RE…
Separating from the University?
Regardless of the reason why you are leaving UConn, there are steps you should take which can make your transition a bit easier.
If you are voluntarily leaving your position at UConn, notify your supervisor, manager, or department head of your intent to resign as soon as possible.
For certain employee populations, there are guidelines for how much time you must give to the University prior to you leaving. Please reference the link below.
Items to consider prior to your last day.
- Review What Happens to Your Benefits
- Review What Happens to Your Accrued Leaves
- Review the Post State Employment Provisions of the State Code of Ethics (listed on the Office of University Compliance web-site)
- Review the Employee Separation Guidelines with your supervisor
- Complete an Exit Interview Survey on the Office of University Compliance web-site.
On Your Last Day of Work.
My last day of work has arrived, what do I need to do to remain in good standing with the University?
Just a Heads Up…
Please note, this link will take you to a page on the HR web-site which outlines separation guidelines and a checklist we recommend supervisors use when an employee is has resigned.
If you supervisor has not shared this information with you, it is important that make your supervisor aware the information is available for use. The guidelines and the checklist will help ensure you exit the university with both your best interests and the university’s best interests in mind. Take me there now.
Close this window to go back to the Human Resources web-site.