America Saves: America Saves, a campaign managed by the nonprofit Consumer Federation of America, seeks to motivate, encourage, and support low- to moderate-income households to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth. We provide free financial tools, savings services, advice, and resources that help Americans from every income level take the steps needed to take charge of their finances and manage money more effectively.
CT State Employees Credit Union: The Connecticut State Employees Credit Union is a cooperative thrift and loan association, owned and managed by its members for their mutual benefit. We are a full-service, state- chartered financial institution with seven locations across Connecticut.
Supplemental State of CT Benefit Opportunities (long and short term disability; Auto & Homeowner’s Insurance; Term and/or Universal Life Insurance and Long-Term Care Insurance).
- Additional Retirement Savings Plans through Prudential (403(b), 457, Roth 403(b))
- Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP)
- Connecticut Higher Education Trust Fund (CHET)
State of Connecticut official 529 College Savings Plan
Contact: Rey Longoria, (203) 281-2434
- Qualified Transportation Account (QTA)
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (MEDFLEX)
UConn Cultural Centers
- African American Cultural Center has many programs and services including the African American Faculty & Staff Association
- Asian American Cultural Center has many programs and services including the Asian American Faculty and Staff Association
- Puerto Rican/Latin American Cultural Center has many programs and services including the Association of Latina/o Faculty & Staff
- Rainbow Center has many programs and services the “Creating LGBTQ+ Curriculum and Classroom Resource Guide”
- Women’s Center has many programs and services including the Women’s Center Advisory Board and sponsors the annual Women’s Advance Conference.
Veterans Affairs and Military Programs
This office provides a full range of benefits and services to students that have served or continue to serve in our Armed Forces. These services include benefits processing, event programming and community outreach.
Details available every August. Please check back soon.