Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0759-9087
Job Family: DNS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general supervision of designated supervisor, is responsible for the preparation, quality control and delivery of food for a university-operated dining service.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides effective assistance to Dining Services managerial staff through regular verbal and written communication.
- Oversees the preparation and service of meals and assists managers in evaluating and implementing new methods and systems.
- Oversees menu and recipe development, assisting in the planning of nutritionally adequate menu options designed for maximum student appeal, within budgetary guidelines.
- Plans menus for special functions.
- Promotes consumer and nutrition education activities compatible with the goals and objectives of the Department of Dining Services.
- Writes specifications for a computerized food production system and coordinates the daily operation of the computerized food system for multiple dining halls, a bakery and Commissary Warehouse; trains personnel in use of the computerized system.
- Supervises the operation of a bakery, which provides bakery goods for all dining halls.
- Assists in planning long and short-range improvements in dining services.
- Specifies and inspects food for compliance with department standards.
- Make recommendations regarding the repair and replacement of dining services equipment.
- Oversees the implementation of sanitation and safety policies and procedures for personnel, equipment and facilities, using the NACUFS Professional Standards Manual as a guide in decision-making.
- Inspects Dining Services Units for compliance with the prescribed standards of food handling and sanitation.
- Establishes and maintains on-the-job training programs for employees; chairs annual Dining Services employees in-service training workshops.
- Keeps abreast of advances in the field of dining services; participates in professional organizations.
- Plans, develops, implements and reviews new ideas, programs and systems.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Management or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
- Three to four years responsible dining services experience in a commercial or institutional setting.
- Knowledge of quantity food preparation and dining services delivery.
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety standards.