Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0720-9087
Job Family: FAC
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated supervisor, coordinates and manages a variety of support activities for the residence hall housekeeping and minor maintenance services.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in initiating, directing and coordinating work schedules for residence hall housekeeping operations.
- Develops and maintains Management Handbook.
- Coordinates and conducts hiring interviews for all housekeeping and minor maintenance personnel and makes hiring recommendations.
- Coordinates and conducts disciplinary and grievance investigations; represents department at grievance hearings.
- Recommends personnel staffing needs, contractual services and commodity and equipment requirements in conjunction with other managers.
- Coordinates product research program and assists in developing product specifications; orders supplies as requested.
- Assists in preparing service standards and operating and maintenance plans.
- Inspects and assesses residence hall facilities as required.
- Develops and implements training program for housekeeping personnel and professional staff in area of building services.
- Serves as liaison with Office of Facilities as requested.
- Assists supervisor with long range planning.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, with at least 6 years on-the-job experience in a supervisory or training capacity.
- Thorough knowledge of housekeeping and building materials and methods and their use in maintenance and operations of residence halls.
- Ability to prepare plans, specifications, estimate costs and compute space requirements.
- Administrative ability.
- Ability to conduct training programs, employment interviews and grievance investigations.
Date Revised: 1/87