Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0505-9085
Job Family: ADM
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated supervisor, supervises and manages the business operations of the Museum Shop.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Purchases all merchandise for sale.
- Responsible for design and display techniques for merchandise.
- Manages the promotional and advertising activities for Museum exhibitions, programs and special events as well as for shop products, which include writing publicity material, maintaining promotional activity files, and assisting in evaluating the success of marketing campaigns.
- Establish and maintain working relationship with public media to promote coverage of department events and or assist with special media events.
- Responsible for inventory control in preparation of all merchandise for point of sale.
- Responsible for preparation of daily invoices and reconciliation.
- Responsible for maintenance of support material for shop operation.
- Supervise and schedules sales personnel/receptionist in association with Museum Director or assigned staff members when required.
- Responsible for on a yearly basis: budget, other inventory and financial statements relating to profit and loss, taxation, computer operations, etc. in association with the Museum’s Business Manager.
- Maintain professional standards and affiliations.
- May perform duties of a receptionist for the Museum when necessary.
- Expedite orders for museum publications, individual and wholesale (invoice, shipping, labels, etc.).
- May perform other related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree with two years experience in retail sales or reasonable equivalent in schooling and experience.
- Creative writing ability necessary to produce publicity materials
- Knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Demonstrated supervisory/managerial skills.
- Some demonstrable computer familiarity.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Public relations background or equivalent experience
Date Revised: 03/12/96
Date Created: 10/30/85