Payroll Title: UCP IX
Class Code: 0926-9089
Job Family: ADM
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated administrator, directs the University’s transportation, parking and/or motor vehicle services.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops operational policies, procedures, plans and services designed to effectively manage and meet the University’s transportation and parking needs, which may include parking facilities, on and off-campus transportation, and/or motor vehicle fleet maintenance.
- Directs University parking and/or transit systems such as an on-campus bus system, late night shuttle services, parking space inventory/usage, and vehicular storage. Coordinates with area contractors to provide for off-campus transportation.
- Establishes contracts for a fixed-route bus service in the region and/or parking lot and garage attendants and maintenance, which may include work regarding the removal snow and ice, lot paving, line striping, etc…
- Prepares parking and/or transportation studies, recommendations and reports for Associate Vice President and University administrators to aid in decision-making.
- Serves as spokesperson for parking and/or transportation services and maintains liaison with University officials, state agencies and others in matters relating to bus transit, parking and storing of vehicles, traffic control systems, and/or motor vehicle fuel program.
- Maintains current working knowledge of applicable laws, codes, rules, regulations and developments in traffic, transportation and vehicle safety, storage, systems and practices.
- May be responsible for overseeing the overhaul, maintenance and repair of the University’s transit vehicles, and/or parking garages and area lots.
- Evaluates effectiveness of existing transportation and/or parking policies, procedures, services and transit vehicles; identifies problems, areas for improvement and additional needs; institutes changes within established guidelines and/or makes recommendations for changes.
- Directs the activities of staff and services; recommends staffing needs and is responsible for the training, evaluation, supervision, work assignments and work schedules of staff.
- Develops and recommends annual departmental budget; manages assigned budget and authorizes independent expenditures within broad guidelines.
- May recommend parking fees, installation of parking meters and/or other sources of revenue.
- Represents the interests of the public safety division on various committees and advisory groups.
- Reviews all motor vehicle accidents reports and/or parking citations/violations that occur on campus or that involve University vehicles or vehicles registered to University employees.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent formal training and experience.
- At least five (5) years experience in a discipline related to the management of transportation services, parking services, fleet maintenance and/or oversight of the operational business functions of related discipline.
- Demonstrated supervisory and managerial ability.
- Knowledge of transit systems, motor vehicle maintenance/repairs and/or parking services.
- Demonstrated ability to work with state and federal agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems efficiently, effectively and independently.
Date Created: 07/17/85