Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0777-9087
Job Family: STU
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated supervisor, acts as chief administrator for a designated complex of residence halls, with responsibilities for managing the delivery of residential life programs, for student and staff development and for central coordination of one or more specialty functions.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is responsible for the selection, training, development, evaluation, supervision and work assignments of Hall Directors, and other paraprofessional staff, in close cooperation with supervisor and other professional staff.
- Is responsible for central coordination of one or more specialty function, such as, judicial system, programming, student leadership, special populations.
- Oversees implementation of residence hall, University and other applicable policies, rules and regulations, including Student Conduct Code.
- Conducts appellate and original hearings as appropriate under the Student Conduct Code, and monitors disciplinary procedures followed in individual residence halls.
- Is responsible for general administration of residence hall complex and for assuring order at all times in cooperation with other Residential Life and University staff.
- Responds to emergencies in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains appropriate records and compiles reports as needed or requested.
- Submits budget requests and monitors budget expenditures.
- Provides personal counseling and oversees the advising program for area governments.
- Plans, oversees and/or conducts student leadership and training programs and may supervise practicum students.
- Oversees and enforces policies and procedures governing room changes within the residence hall and for opening and closing of residence hall at the beginning and end of each semester and all vacation periods.
- Oversees the development and coordination of residence hall student programs and activities of an educational, cultural, social, and recreational nature.
- Oversees and coordinates advising for special interest residence hall(s) in assigned area of responsibility.
- Oversees and ensures enforcement of housing and food service contracts and monitors housekeeping operations.
- Attends workshops and participates in departmental committees.
- May be responsible for the general orientation of residence hall students.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in Student Personnel Administration, Counseling or related field.
- Three to five years experience in a residence hall program.
- Good counseling, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Administrative ability and supervisory skills.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Supervisory experience in residence halls.
- Experience in managing training programs.
Date Created: 1/87