Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0775-9087
Job Family: FAC
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated supervisor, supervises the delivery of housekeeping and maintenance services for a complex of campus residence halls and supervises the maintenance staff in the complex.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements and monitors housekeeping/maintenance services to ensure standards are met and buildings are properly maintained; identifies areas for improvement and recommends changes.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates the work of area foremen and maintenance staff; monitors work performance and institutes corrective action, in accordance with department procedures and collective bargaining contracts; sets up and monitors daily work schedules of assigned housekeeping staff; ensures adequate coverage for all buildings; provides in-service training and job counseling as needed.
- Hires, trains, supervises and coordinates the work of a large student labor force engaged in seasonal interior painting of all residence halls; orders and maintains all equipment needed; is responsible for personnel paperwork and time cards.
- Consults with residential services staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Coordinates repair of assigned buildings; provides weekly work order update to physical plant.
- Monitors inventories and arranges for repair of all furniture in assigned area of responsibility, in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Prepares and manages approved budget for assigned complex of residence halls; maintains financial records and prepares reports, as needed.
- Assists supervisor with special projects such as housekeeping manual; may assume duties of housekeeping coordinator in his/her absence.
- Coordinates all area renovations, including initiation of purchase requisitions and direct liaison with Office of Facilities.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field
- Three to five years of supervisory experience in a large residential housekeeping system, three of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to train and supervise a large staff.
- Knowledge of building materials and methods and their use in maintenance and operation of large public building.
- Good interpersonal skills
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Master’s degree and supervisory experience
Date Created: 1/87