Payroll Title: UCP IV
Class Code: 0433-9084
Job Family: EDU
FLSA Code: E
Under the supervision of designated supervisor or Master Teacher, teaches a preschool program for young children and assists with the research and student training needs of the Human Development and Family Relations Program.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches young children directly, providing for individual needs in all areas of development and arranging classroom environment to meet developmental needs; oversees classroom management.
- Plans and carries out curriculum and program by preparing lesson plans, weekly activity schedules and monthly unit plans; coordinates planning with other classroom teachers.
- Supervises, trains, schedules and evaluates large number of paid paraprofessional and student staff.
- Conducts developmental assessments on individual children through observation of behavior and development.
- Writes reports on childrens’ progress and maintains accurate records; orders curriculum materials and equipment as needed.
- Maintains contact with parents through conferences and home visits.
- Assists in planning curriculum, program goals and classroom procedures in accordance with the philosophy of the Child Development Labs.
- Assists in training and evaluating student teachers and fieldwork students.
- Keeps abreast of current literature in the area of child development.
- Make recommendations regarding educational innovations and improvements.
- Serves as a resource to parents, the University community, the public and outside agencies in matters pertaining to early childhood education.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in child development or related field
- One to two years successful experience working with young children in a group setting.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Master’s degree
- University lab school experience.
- Supervisory experience
Date Created: 6/28/85