Payroll Title: UCP III
Class Code: 0310-9083
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: N
Under the direction of a designated supervisor, provides technical EDP assistance in an office responsible for computerized management information systems, as well as data processing, word and web-based processing and operational support systems.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules and produces routine computer reports and coordinates a variety of data processing functions central to the units needs; writes reports using computer programs and may make basic modifications to report-generating programs.
- Assists technical processing staff in the design, modification and documentation of computerized files, forms and general system requirements.
- Creates and maintains public and private data and information sites on the World Wide Web.
- Participates in setting policies and procedures governing the use of in-house equipment and software; may act as a liaison with vendors for service of equipment and/or software.
- Reviews records and data for accuracy, reconciles differences and works with other unit staff and university offices to identify errors and make corrections.
- Serves as a resource and may assist clerical and/or student staff engaged in record-keeping, data entry or related activities.
- Compiles data and prepares statistical reports that are used to monitor or assess department activities, programs, services or project future needs; assists with establishing policies and priorities for data processing services.
- Provides consulting and training in the use of the unit’s software packages.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree in Electronics Data Processing, or equivalent combination of specialized training and experience in EDP and programming languages.
- Two to three years of experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organization of data systems and the ability to be accurate and precise with quantitative data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web based programming languages.
- Experience using a personal computer for world-wide publication and dissemination of information.
- Good data entry and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Functional knowledge of LAN server software and operations
- Knowledge of telecommunications media
Date Revised: 04/1/99