Payroll Title: UCP III
Class Code: 0317-9083
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: N
Under the direction of designated supervisor, is responsible for maintaining and coordinating computerized records and reports, for supervising record-keeping functions and for assisting with other department functions as assigned.
GUIDELINES FOR THE POSITION
This position is intended to be used in an administrative office or department where the maintenance and accuracy of records and data are essential to the operation of the unit. Records are complex, voluminous, computerized and interdependent with official records and data in other administrative offices, such as Bursar, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, etc.
Incumbents will be expected to be proficient “users” of the computerized system, to have technical knowledge of computerized report production, to be knowledgeable about recordkeeping practices and systems and to have an understanding of the work of the office or department and its services, policies and procedures.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules and produces routine computer reports and coordinates a variety of data processing functions central to the department needs; writes reports using computer programs and makes basic modifications to program, as needed.
- Assists technical computer staff in the design, modification and documentation of computerized files, forms and general system requirements.
- In assigned area of responsibility, reviews records and data for accuracy, reconciles differences and works with other staff and university offices to identify errors and make corrections.
- Supervises clerical or student staff engaged in record keeping, data entry or related activities.
- Develops procedures to ensure that records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Is responsible for one or more departmental operations or services, which are recurring and necessary to the work of the department (e.g., billing, disbursements, refunds, fees, registration, inventories and other record-keeping systems), which requires knowledge of department functions, policies and procedures as well as knowledge of record-keeping methods and procedures; follows up on details and resolves associated problems as needed.
- Develops procedures for and coordinates or supervises the effective and efficient delivery of departmental services, in assigned area of responsibility.
- Oversees the data entry for assigned department functions and operations.
- Compiles data and prepares statistical reports used to monitor or assess department activities, programs, services or project future needs.
- May assist with budget development and review.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related area or equivalent experience and training.
- Two years full-time employment in related area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of recordkeeping systems and ability to be precise with quantitative data.
- Ability to prepare work for data processing and maintain working files and production records.
- Familiarity with computer programming methods, data organization and data management.
- Organizational ability.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Knowledge of or experience with programs and services related to the department to be served.
Date Created: 6/28/85