UConn and UConn Health Faculty and Workforce
Professional and Leadership Development
UConn has partnered with Academic Impressions, an organization specializing in professional development resources for higher education professionals. This partnership provides all UConn and UConn Health faculty and staff, with membership access to a host of learning resources designed specifically for professionals working in higher education. Employees will find many foundational resources through Academic Impressions workshops and trainings. Employees or campus partners may choose to couple those with UConn-specific resources, practices, or policies.
Why you should use Academic Impressions
Topics areas range from skills-based trainings to leadership trainings on topics such as supervision, personal effectiveness, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and more, all developed for higher education professionals by higher education professionals.
Access to robust professional development for all our faculty and workforce will build the capacity of our campus communities and help us overcome the inevitable challenges we all face in our daily work. Additionally, it will allow us to serve our students and patients better and further UConn and UConn Health missions.
Academic Impression offers you:
- Hundreds of hours of free online training, both live and on-demand;
- New trainings added weekly;
- Formats designed to engage various learning styles, including in-depth virtual conferences;
- Resources in Academic Leadership, Advancement, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Faculty Success, Leadership Development, Student Affairs, and Title IX & Compliance, and more;
- A series of focused learning paths to help leaders at all levels sharpen their skills;
- A dedicated Account Manager who can curate resources to help you and your team meet strategic goals.
Some additional content, including bootcamps, coaching, and custom trainings are not included in the free base membership afforded to all UConn employees. If interested in any paid content, please consult your supervisor.
UConn Picks: All Employees
The Office of the Provost has selected a series of highly recommended training aligned with the university’s mission and goals.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Creating Equitable and Inclusive Meetings
The Five Paths to Leadership Self-Assessment
Wellness and Well-Being
UConn Picks: Faculty Success
Faculty Research and Tenure
Mid-Career and Beyond Faculty
Faculty Hiring and Searches
Access to hundreds of on demand articles, blogs, member exclusive courses, webcasts – live and recorded, virtual trainings – live and recorded, virtual conferences, various assessments, and other reference items.
Membership Excludes (but may be discounted):
Some additional content, including bootcamps, coaching, and custom trainings are not included in the base membership afforded to all UConn employees. If interested in any paid content, please consult your supervisor.
Schedule a Meeting
Yianna Kappas is the University of Connecticut's account representative. She is happy to schedule a meeting to help:
- Find a focus for your unit or department
- Tour the platform and reviewing tools
- Recommend trainings and resources