Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0701-9087
Job Family: ADM
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated administrator, manages and supervises administrative services and special projects of a Department/Division or School of moderate to large size and complexity.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THIS POSITION
Incumbents in this position will be responsible for a variety of administrative, fiscal and/or personnel as well as specialized functions. Emphasis of the position will depend upon incumbent’s area of specialization.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in administrative planning and evaluation of policies, procedures and services.
- May supervise specialized operational units within the Department/Division or School with responsibility for implementing goals and establishing procedures for administrative or program services; evaluates quality of services and recommends improvements.
- Determines staffing needs in assigned area of responsibility, within established guidelines; selects, evaluates, trains and supervises administrative staff and other assigned staff; determines work assignments and work schedules.
- Plans, organizes schedules, may approve budget for and implement a variety of special projects; may coordinate the development of overall budget; maintain and monitor financial ledgers; prepare budget reports and forecasts and monitor revenues and expenditures.
- Interprets policies and procedures to assigned staff.
- Identifies and analyses problems regarding services and/or personnel; recommends solutions.
- May be assigned responsibilities for other departmental services or projects, which may be on going or short-term, and which require planning, coordination, and supervision; such assignments are necessary to the department and may require specialized knowledge.
- Maintains close and cooperative relationship between Department/Division or School and faculty, students and external constituents; serves as a resource regarding information about programs, services, policies and procedures.
- May conduct payroll actions in assigned area of responsibility, in accordance with University policies and procedures and collective bargaining agreements.
- Supervises the maintenance of administrative records.
- Prepares annual and other periodic reports and coordinates statistical data.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field.
- Four years experience in administration involving accounting, budget preparation, personnel management, purchasing or general business management OR Master’s degree appropriate to School/College or Division and at least two years of administrative experience.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience or training in specialty area as required by School/College or Division to be served.
Date Revised: 9/13/99