UConn Health is looking for a highly skilled Administrative Officer with experience in confidential and detailed processes that will report to the University of Connecticut Chief Audit Executive. This crucial role will support the University's Audit and Management Advisory Services with offices located on the Storrs and Farmington campuses.
Position may be required to provide administrative and financial management support to the University Compliance office.
Comprehensive Benefits Offered
- Industry-leading health insurance options and affordability
- Generous vacation and sick-time plans
- Multi-channel retirement options (pension and match options)
- Tuition waiver and reimbursement for employees and qualified family members
- State of the art facility and campus environments
- Progressive leadership and educational development programs available
Examples of Duties
- Coordinates and oversees general office business functions for Audit and Management Advisory Services
- Prepares the department budgets, authorizes purchases, payments and time reports
- Maintains financial records
- Arranges and coordinates meetings
- Assists in the development of departmental standard operating procedures
- Proofreads,formats and edits the written work product of the audit team
- Assembles and coordinates meeting materials
- Interprets policies and regulations, completes analyses and assembles information to support audit work plans
- Duties will involve travel between the University of Connecticut campuses, primarily the Storrs and Farmington campuses
Minimum Qualifications Required
Knowledge, Skill & Ability:
- Knowledge of office administration and management
- Accounting/budgeting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, interpret and apply complex materials
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Outlook, Word and Visio
Experience & Training:
Seven (7) years of experience in an academic administrative position.
Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) years of experience in an academic administrative position which included financial management responsibilities.
Experience in a health care setting
Proficiency with purchasing and budgeting products such as TM1 Cognos, Banner & HuskyBuy
Schedule / Compensation
40 hrs per week, Mon - Fri, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm with a 30 minute unpaid meal break
Under the general direction of the University of Connecticut Chief Audit Executive the administrative officer is responsible for performing a full range of administrative, financial office management and audit related activities.
Full Time Equivalent Minimum Salary: TBD
The University of Connecticut offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and experience.
How to Apply
Go directly to jobs.uchc.edu to apply.
Closing date is January 10, 2020.
UConn Health is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EEO and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer.