Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0511-9085
Job Family: ASR
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated supervisor, performs duties related to the admission of undergraduate students to the University, in accordance with University and Department policies. Incumbents may specialize in freshman or transfer admission or may work in both areas concurrently.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are applicable to either Freshmen or Transfer Admissions:
- Evaluates and processes admissions applications in accordance with University policies, goals and rules on admissibility of undergraduate students.
- Advises applicants regarding admissions requirements, eligibility for admission, program options, residency requirements and other matters related to their admission to the University.
- Serves as a resource to students, parents, the University community, High Schools, and other feeder institution regarding admission to the University. Interprets admissions policies and procedures and responds to general questions about the University’s campus life, academic programs and requirements. Makes referrals to other University offices as appropriate.
- Keeps informed regarding academic program requirements, enrollment restrictions and other issues related to recruiting and admitting students.
- Engages in extensive in-state and out-of state travel to interview and recruit prospective students.
- Assists in developing informational and/or promotional materials.
- Conducts informational meeting and programs to explain admission requirements policies and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining and updating admission records and files and compiles admissions reports as directed.
- Participates in summer orientation and registration program for newly admitted students.
Applicable to Transfer Admissions only:
- Works with and advises staff at other educational institutions regarding their programs, requirements and transferability of their students to the University.
- May assist with evaluating courses offered by other schools to determine their equivalency to courses offered at the University.
- Evaluate courses offered by other schools to determine their equivalency to courses offered at the University.
Applicable to Freshman Admissions only:
- Actively participate in recruiting student through promotional activities such as personal contact with counselors, student individually and in groups, schedule visits to high school and college fairs, panel discussions, presentations and newsletters
- As assigned is responsible for special recruiting programs requiring special recruiting efforts and knowledge of particular needs of target groups.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in some area of student affairs or prior Admissions experience
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments and work under pressure.
- Must be accurate and pay close attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively and work irregular and flexible hours.
- Familiarity with on-line computer systems
Date Created: 6/28/85
Date Revised: 6/14/96